For the 2012 Fall Theme Base Design contest, you will create a fall-themed or Halloween-themed WordPress theme base for our themes directory at fanfusion.org/themes. You know the rules.
How to enter
1. To submit a theme, please leave a comment here that you will be entering. When you are finished with the theme, please email it to us along with a psd of the editable regions and a list of fonts. The theme can be for wordpress or coppermine.
2. Please leave a room for a 300×250 in the header and 728×90 above the fold. [Example]
3. The theme will be for WordPress or Coppermine and must be easy to use and edit for different celebrities, and not based on widgets
4. Themes must be your own original designs, and by submitting the theme you agree to give us permission for unlimited use of the themes. Once submitted, a theme cannot be removed.
5. There must be a graphical link to fanfusion.org in the header image somewhere, example, the following in this theme. It is an example, please don’t copy and paste this exact image
6. The sidebar needs to be able to fit a banner that is 300 pixels wide (e.g., you can make it 350 pixels).
7. Please use <?php bloginfo(‘template_url’); ?> for the template path instead of a path such as wp-content/themes/fanfusionspringtheme, since we will be renaming the theme.
There will be at least 2 winners for WordPress Themes, possibly more if more high quality themes are submitted. There will be 1 winner for a Coppermine theme. Each person will receive a 15 pound (about $25) iTunes gift card or $25 payment. Your credit will remain permanently on the theme, and we can promote your design site. If you want an alternative prize let us know and we can try to substitute it. We will decide the winners as soon as we receive the entries, and you will know asap, there’s no specific end date of the contest, it will end on the last day of the month (October 31st).
Update: The coppermine entries are closed, please submit only WordPress themes now.
The prize for the WordPress themes has been updated to $35 each.
Update (11/10): we are accepting wordpress themes still for fall/Thanksgiving themes (no more halloween themes please)